One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A radioactive nuclide.
- ‘The impact of the radiation leakage was also relatively limited since most of the initial release of radioactive components was of radionuclides with relatively short half-lives.’
- ‘If this occurred at the end of the reactor cycle, the fission radionuclides would generate about 4 percent of the total thermal power of a working reactor.’
- ‘Gamma radiation from medically useful radionuclides is substantially attenuated by 1 to 2 inches of lead.’
- ‘This is a partial list of radionuclides that decay by positron emission and have been used in biomedical imaging studies.’
- ‘Alpha emitting radionuclides emit alpha particles, each consisting of 2 protons and 2 neutrons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.