One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A radioactive nuclide.
- ‘Alpha emitting radionuclides emit alpha particles, each consisting of 2 protons and 2 neutrons.’
- ‘Gamma radiation from medically useful radionuclides is substantially attenuated by 1 to 2 inches of lead.’
- ‘The impact of the radiation leakage was also relatively limited since most of the initial release of radioactive components was of radionuclides with relatively short half-lives.’
- ‘If this occurred at the end of the reactor cycle, the fission radionuclides would generate about 4 percent of the total thermal power of a working reactor.’
- ‘This is a partial list of radionuclides that decay by positron emission and have been used in biomedical imaging studies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.