One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A radio operator or technician.
- ‘The imposition of radio silence during such missions made me more of a gunner than a radioman.’
- ‘The radioman on a B - 17 has the big radio directly in front of him and a desk to take down messages.’
- ‘‘They're signaling that they're ready for docking,’ the radioman said.’
- ‘Consequently a number of Navajo Indians were drafted into the US army as radiomen, and would have soldiers assigned to them to protect them and prevent them falling into enemy hands.’
- ‘James was a U.S. Navy veteran, serving in both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans as a radioman aboard the U.S.S. Troilus.’
- ‘There was a faint click in the earpiece as the radioman changed the channels.’
- ‘Pace turns to the radioman to order an artillery barrage on the town.’
- ‘‘No incoming radio transmissions,’ the radioman said.’
- ‘Of his group only the radioman was left alive, so deadly had been the machine.’
- ‘This allowed for quick bursts to be grabbed by the radiomen aboard the Yunes without allowing much time for a trace.’
- ‘‘Captain, you have an incoming laser-link transmission from the Agamemnon,’ the radioman's voice said through the intercom.’
- ‘The young radioman finished sending the message and then ran up through the house to the top floor where all the sergeants and officers were talking.’
- ‘‘Captain, they're hailing us,’ the radioman said.’
- ‘A radioman, he was stationed at Jacksonville, Fla., but traveled the world.’
- ‘I just watched the first episode, an interview with Jack Klamm, a Naval radioman who was stationed at Fort Ward's Station S during WWII.’
- ‘The team's radioman, carried the best in mobile communications gear that wouldn't even reach the civilian market for another four or five years.’
- ‘‘We're being contacted by the Halberd,’ the radioman said.’
- ‘The radioman directed the Hiawatha's transmission to Brenner's earpiece.’
- ‘Jack took the missive back from Garcia and handed it to the radioman for disposal.’
- ‘Burns and his radioman were patrolling the lagoon with another Kingfisher pilot from North Carolina.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.