One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A radio operator or technician.
- ‘A radioman, he was stationed at Jacksonville, Fla., but traveled the world.’
- ‘Pace turns to the radioman to order an artillery barrage on the town.’
- ‘‘We're being contacted by the Halberd,’ the radioman said.’
- ‘‘They're signaling that they're ready for docking,’ the radioman said.’
- ‘Jack took the missive back from Garcia and handed it to the radioman for disposal.’
- ‘‘Captain, they're hailing us,’ the radioman said.’
- ‘The team's radioman, carried the best in mobile communications gear that wouldn't even reach the civilian market for another four or five years.’
- ‘Of his group only the radioman was left alive, so deadly had been the machine.’
- ‘‘Captain, you have an incoming laser-link transmission from the Agamemnon,’ the radioman's voice said through the intercom.’
- ‘The young radioman finished sending the message and then ran up through the house to the top floor where all the sergeants and officers were talking.’
- ‘The radioman directed the Hiawatha's transmission to Brenner's earpiece.’
- ‘The radioman on a B - 17 has the big radio directly in front of him and a desk to take down messages.’
- ‘I just watched the first episode, an interview with Jack Klamm, a Naval radioman who was stationed at Fort Ward's Station S during WWII.’
- ‘There was a faint click in the earpiece as the radioman changed the channels.’
- ‘This allowed for quick bursts to be grabbed by the radiomen aboard the Yunes without allowing much time for a trace.’
- ‘The imposition of radio silence during such missions made me more of a gunner than a radioman.’
- ‘‘No incoming radio transmissions,’ the radioman said.’
- ‘James was a U.S. Navy veteran, serving in both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans as a radioman aboard the U.S.S. Troilus.’
- ‘Consequently a number of Navajo Indians were drafted into the US army as radiomen, and would have soldiers assigned to them to protect them and prevent them falling into enemy hands.’
- ‘Burns and his radioman were patrolling the lagoon with another Kingfisher pilot from North Carolina.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.