One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The molecular decomposition of a substance by ionizing radiation.
- ‘This transient could be attributed to the triplet excited state of curcumin by comparing it with the spectra of the triplet obtained by pulse radiolysis of curcumin in benzene.’
- ‘It has been demonstrated using pulse radiolysis that ascorbate can regenerate [alpha] tocopherol from the tocopheroxylradical and that such regeneration may occur in the skin.’
- ‘X rays induce double-strand breaks both via direct absorption and radicals produced by radiolysis, which also cause a whole spectrum of other damages.’
- ‘The authors used emission spectroscopy, laser flash photolysis and pulse radiolysis to measure a series of photophysical parameters of curcumin.’
- ‘Dihydrothymine structure is a well-documented DNA base lesion induced by radiolysis of DNA, and the biological relevance has been the subject of several investigations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.