One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The science dealing with X-rays and other high-energy radiation, especially the use of such radiation for the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- ‘The use of picture archiving and communication systems has focused on hospital radiology.’
- ‘The role of interventional radiology in the care of patients with cancer continues to expand.’
- ‘Experts in anaesthesiology, pathology, gynaecology and radiology are particularly in demand.’
- ‘Likewise, telemedicine might be cost effective for some disciplines such as dermatology and radiology but not for others.’
- ‘Under her leadership the small department of radiology increased to involve five other radiologists.’
- ‘They also went round the departments of radiology, nuclear medicine and cath lab.’
- ‘He was at the helm of the dramatic advances that took place in clinical radiology in the second half of the 20th century.’
- ‘He became a consultant at St Mary's in 1948 when the hospital decided to separate radiotherapy from radiology.’
- ‘Data on use of physiotherapy and radiology were collected directly from the databases within each of these departments.’
- ‘These contrast studies, along with X-rays of bones and of the chest, form a very large component of the practice of radiology.’
- ‘She is also head of the hospital's academic department of diagnostic radiology.’
- ‘After junior appointments in London he decided to specialise in radiology, and at Harefield he became an enthusiastic member of the cardiac team.’
- ‘This article describes some of these applications in radiology and cardiology and discusses the potential of microbubbles for therapy.’
- ‘Gabrieli is a psychology professor in the neurosciences program and in radiology at Stanford University.’
- ‘We have encountered no false positives at the time of surgery and used clinical features and radiology alone to make the diagnosis in three of our patients.’
- ‘The increasing demand for vascular and neurovascular radiology has not been matched by a similar rise in consultant posts, stated the report.’
- ‘Diagnostic radiology and the generation of electricity from nuclear sources are examples of practices.’
- ‘Other differences emerged in two groups as they aged and were assessed with quantitative chest radiology.’
- ‘Both men specialize in radiology and have joined the hospital's department of medical imaging.’
- ‘So he returned to an original desire to do radiology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.