One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who uses X-rays or other high-energy radiation, especially a doctor specializing in radiology.‘the radiologist said he could see no cause for concern’
- ‘Part of the funds has already been used to fund mammography training for two radiologists at the hospital.’
- ‘More recently radiologists have become involved also in ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).’
- ‘They gave approval to recruit a clinical team of consultant surgeon, radiologist and pathologist.’
- ‘The 72 - year-old retired radiologist monitors the company from his Beverly Hills home.’
- ‘The images are interpreted by a radiologist.’
- ‘I have a friend in America who is a consultant radiologist.’
- ‘It's unlikely that your oncologist or radiologist would tell you at this point that there are other options.’
- ‘The man was an experienced radiologist with excellent reference checks.’
- ‘The treatment is performed by interventional radiologists.’
- ‘CT scans had been interpreted by an experienced chest radiologist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.