One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Chicory of a variety which has dark red leaves.
- ‘Place the apple slices firmly between the radicchio leaves.’
- ‘The food aristocrat regained her equilibrium when a pyramid of haricot vert salad appeared, laced with blue cheese, walnuts, and slivers of crisp radicchio.’
- ‘These assortments of easy-to-use greens include small, colorful favorites like romaine lettuce, green leaf lettuce, and radicchio.’
- ‘In a large bowl, toss together arugula, radicchio, fennel and walnuts.’
- ‘Equally nonaggressive but more effective are roast chicken atop smothered leeks, and a meaty stack of portobellos topped by grilled radicchio and balsamic-bathed onions.’
- ‘The menu includes such treats as Portland crab salad with grilled baby leeks, dandelion, radicchio and saffron aïoli.’
- ‘For a Mediterranean mix, place fresh basil leaves, cherry tomatoes, zucchini slices and fresh radicchio in a baggie.’
- ‘Sow more rocket and other autumn salads such as escarole and radicchio, which will last until Christmas.’
- ‘If you want to continue exploring, toss curly endive, escarole, arugula or radicchio - all of which have a distinct flavour - to your green salad to add some bite.’
- ‘The chicory clan - Belgian endive, radicchio, and escarole - is sneaking into more and more produce sections.’
- ‘Halve small heads of treviso, radicchio or white chicory lengthways and set aside for 5-10 minutes to allow the bitter juices to exude.’
- ‘I had planted seven varieties of radicchio and the crop had germinated well.’
- ‘For example, in the sunflower and daisies family you'd find bitter-flavored vegetables like artichoke, endive, chicory and radicchio.’
- ‘Cut the radicchio into strips and mix with the parsley in a bowl.’
- ‘Remove the tough outer leaves from the radicchio.’
- ‘This vinaigrette is especially good with fuller bodied ones like spinach and radicchio.’
- ‘Cut radicchio lengthwise into four wedges; removing root end.’
- ‘Try to include a few slightly bitter salad leaves such as radicchio or witloof, or peppery ones such as watercress or rocket.’
- ‘To serve, spoon some chanterelle sauce in the center of the plate and top with some dumplings, arugula, radicchio, and mushrooms.’
- ‘Add the radicchio, thyme, speck, prosciutto, and chicken stock and cook for another eight to ten minutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.