One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Chicory of a variety which has dark red leaves.
- ‘For example, in the sunflower and daisies family you'd find bitter-flavored vegetables like artichoke, endive, chicory and radicchio.’
- ‘Cut radicchio lengthwise into four wedges; removing root end.’
- ‘In a large bowl, toss together arugula, radicchio, fennel and walnuts.’
- ‘Remove the tough outer leaves from the radicchio.’
- ‘The menu includes such treats as Portland crab salad with grilled baby leeks, dandelion, radicchio and saffron aïoli.’
- ‘Equally nonaggressive but more effective are roast chicken atop smothered leeks, and a meaty stack of portobellos topped by grilled radicchio and balsamic-bathed onions.’
- ‘Sow more rocket and other autumn salads such as escarole and radicchio, which will last until Christmas.’
- ‘The food aristocrat regained her equilibrium when a pyramid of haricot vert salad appeared, laced with blue cheese, walnuts, and slivers of crisp radicchio.’
- ‘Try to include a few slightly bitter salad leaves such as radicchio or witloof, or peppery ones such as watercress or rocket.’
- ‘Halve small heads of treviso, radicchio or white chicory lengthways and set aside for 5-10 minutes to allow the bitter juices to exude.’
- ‘Place the apple slices firmly between the radicchio leaves.’
- ‘This vinaigrette is especially good with fuller bodied ones like spinach and radicchio.’
- ‘To serve, spoon some chanterelle sauce in the center of the plate and top with some dumplings, arugula, radicchio, and mushrooms.’
- ‘If you want to continue exploring, toss curly endive, escarole, arugula or radicchio - all of which have a distinct flavour - to your green salad to add some bite.’
- ‘These assortments of easy-to-use greens include small, colorful favorites like romaine lettuce, green leaf lettuce, and radicchio.’
- ‘The chicory clan - Belgian endive, radicchio, and escarole - is sneaking into more and more produce sections.’
- ‘For a Mediterranean mix, place fresh basil leaves, cherry tomatoes, zucchini slices and fresh radicchio in a baggie.’
- ‘Add the radicchio, thyme, speck, prosciutto, and chicken stock and cook for another eight to ten minutes.’
- ‘I had planted seven varieties of radicchio and the crop had germinated well.’
- ‘Cut the radicchio into strips and mix with the parsley in a bowl.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.