One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A unit of angle, equal to an angle at the center of a circle whose arc is equal in length to the radius.
- ‘The sliding displacement between doublets may be found by multiplying the shear angle, in radians, by the interdoublet distance.’
- ‘The maximum deviation of the cantilever from horizontal was 0.06 radians, and so no mathematical or mechanical correction for rotation of the cantilever was implemented.’
- ‘The inverse of the radius of the circle equals the curvature in radians / m.’
- ‘Notice that the formula involves the use of the exponential function, and that the angles must be in radians.’
- ‘Given that the field oscillates at 60Hz, this gives me a phase angle of 0.4PI radians between samples.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.