One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of race or ethnicity as grounds for suspecting someone of having committed an offense.
- ‘The truth of the matter is, we find racial profiling has a lot to do why African-American males are stopped in the first place.’
- ‘In addition, minority men are more likely to disapprove of racial profiling than their female counterparts.’
- ‘You become the target of racial profiling either while walking or driving.’
- ‘He wrote and passed landmark legislation to end racial profiling among state law enforcement agencies.’
- ‘I am satisfied that there was no evidence of racial profiling.’
- ‘I'm entirely open to the argument that racial profiling is a counterproductive means.’
- ‘In June, the administration banned federal law enforcement officers from racial profiling in routine police work.’
- ‘It would eliminate much of the excuse law enforcement has for racial profiling.’
- ‘In fact, the international chiefs of police have said that these interviews are a fine example of racial profiling.’
- ‘Officers who reject the idea of racial profiling are certainly in denial.’
- ‘The costs of the racial profiling crusade, warn these officers, are enormous.’
- ‘After performing a song about the police and racial profiling, they were arrested and thrown in jail.’
- ‘Critics called the practice racial profiling and police revised the testing.’
- ‘But instead of being applauded for a job well done, the agents are being accused of racial profiling.’
- ‘We're still far from the ideal, as racial profiling and unequal incomes for women and minorities attest.’
- ‘He said that in order for racial profiling to be considered logical, it would have to pass a cost-benefit analysis.’
- ‘The headlines read that a new official policy bans racial profiling.’
- ‘These hearings will focus on the practice of racial profiling as it affects a range of communities of color across the country.’
- ‘In addition, racial profiling and other tactics scrutinize black people more than other groups.’
- ‘In the last few months, the city council passed new laws to deal with what's become known as racial profiling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.