One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An automobile built or modified for racing.
- ‘There are some quick cars still coming (in qualifying), but we've got a good place to start and a good race car.’
- ‘For some of them, it may be the first time they've ever seen a race car.’
- ‘The performance is there; we just have to get a better handle on our race car.’
- ‘If I got behind the wheel of a race car, I'd only hurt or embarrass myself, so I never had a real desire to do it.’
- ‘We made some pretty radical engine changes that we hope pay some dividends, and we did the same with the race car.’
- ‘A former sawmill worker, he won a race car in a card game, and then became a champion in the Busch series.’
- ‘That was one awesome experience behind the wheel of a race car I'll never forget.’
- ‘I told him I was nervous, I didn't know what I wanted out of the race car.’
- ‘Alas, rigidity is key to the handling of a race car, so no team is going to sacrifice its competitiveness for safety.’
- ‘They don't put parts on the race car that jeopardize our chances to win.’
- ‘Sitting in your race car in the staging lanes and looking out the window at Mount Rainier is something very special.’
- ‘Our unique objective is to produce a fast race car - a consistent, quick car that is easy on its tyres.’
- ‘We didn't want to do too many laps in the race car.’
- ‘The aerodynamic qualities of the car are such that little work was needed to modify the layout of the body for the race car.’
- ‘It's like fueling the engine of a race car with the same regular, unleaded gasoline you put into your lawn mower!’
- ‘He points out that when it comes to a race car, there are two things that the designers and engineers keep in mind.’
- ‘It will help the consumers identify the race car with the production car.’
- ‘They drive for the pure fun of driving a race car, and it's a love affair.’
- ‘Today was our first time back with the race car, so we're trying to find the right balance and setup based on what we ran on the other car.’
- ‘Do drivers know what's under the hood of the race car?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.