One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See race walking
- ‘Unheralded, the Dalton brothers, James and Chris, race-walked their way into the teenage record books, winning several titles, competing on Irish teams, and without fanfare.’
- ‘It's a warm, sticky Thursday, around 10 a.m., and I'm race-walking.’
- ‘I use my lunch break to run, race-walk, do weight-training or other exercises.’
- ‘This columnist became the youngest person in history to race-walk 100 miles in less than 24 hours when I completed it in 21 hours 40 minutes 13 seconds - at the tender age of 20.’
- ‘Granted, I race-walk instead of run, but I walk just as fast as many of my running counterparts - I've clocked 11-minute miles during a half-marathon race.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.