One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Research and development.
- ‘So that line is sustaining its own R & D to refine and extend the capabilities of that product.’
- ‘Government might also subsidize private R & D, directly or by means of tax incentives.’
- ‘Worryingly, the company has no plans to increase its R & D spending.’
- ‘We offered him a position within our R & D department and he accepted.’
- ‘The device is suited for a variety of material testing tasks in R & D and quality assurance.’
- ‘What is the extent of business collaboration in R & D with local universities?’
- ‘Twenty years is, quite often, more than enough time for any drug developer to recoup their R & D costs.’
- ‘Wired has a roundup of some of the most advanced R & D in the field of human-like robot development.’
- ‘By working together to carry our R & D, both sides benefit from the sharing of knowledge and experience.’
- ‘At the heart of GSK's plans would be a central R & D hub coordinating research in a number of satellite centres.’
- ‘Moreover, schools have not maximized the potential of the R & D that has been done.’
- ‘I think it's just a matter of time now before they look to shift the R & D over to some of the Asian countries.’
- ‘It has been operating a sizable R & D centre in Bangalore for several years now.’
- ‘We pour millions into our R & D and that ensures that our architecture will be around for decades.’
- ‘More than one hundred companies around the world have set up their R & D centres in India just during the last five years.’
- ‘These students are making a valuable contribution to the R & D programmes in the Institute.’
- ‘The R & D group had to be more commercial and business orientated to help the company meet the challenges posed by the market.’
- ‘At the time the building was also home to the R & D department for the whole worldwide organisation.’
- ‘Strategic R & D funding for renewable energy has been almost entirely abandoned.’
- ‘Mr Cawley did not see R & D as the answer to the current dilemma and saw overcapacity as the real bugbear in the system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.