One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A television or radio light entertainment program in which people compete in a quiz, typically for prizes.
- ‘A survey for a television quiz show last week revealed that 23% could not say which country is divided from Britain by the Irish Sea.’
- ‘I'm hosting a quiz show, but I never considered myself a game show host.’
- ‘A trip to a Caribbean island may be a favorite prize for a TV quiz show, but it has never been my dream of a holiday.’
- ‘For a quiz show that lasts half an hour the recording time will generally be a little over two hours.’
- ‘Just about every quiz show on television ends with some sort of vote to send a contestant packing.’
quiz show/ˈkwiz ˌSHō/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.