One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fairly large number.‘quite a few people can do it’
- ‘There are others, of course, quite a few of them, but it'd be boring to list them all.’
- ‘It means that I have to buy everybody presents, and not get anything back from quite a few.’
- ‘Branson understands that quite a few of us harbour a desire to rise above the multitude.’
- ‘He has been able to find sufficient time to create quite a few items during his free time.’
- ‘You need quite a few to make the juice for this jelly, and it is much easier to do if you have a blender or food processor.’
- ‘I explained quite a few more times but eventually he just shut his window and took no notice.’
- ‘He admits that quite a few very experienced climbers have died on the West Ridge route.’
- ‘Yes quite a few, it's one of the things about living in London or any big city I guess.’
- ‘I am not sure I have a hero as such, but there are quite a few figures that I admire.’
- ‘Sligo has been waiting for quite a few things for a long time and now two of them come together.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.