Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in Latin America and among Latinos) a celebration of a girl's fifteenth birthday and her transition from childhood to adulthood, typically involving a mass followed by a party.‘weddings, baptisms, quinceañeras, birthdays, Christmas, and other holidays are all celebrations that bring families together’
- ‘"Now I fulfil my dream to celebrate my quinceañera."’
- ‘I'm a professional photographer here in the San Antonio area, and my business caters to weddings and quinceañeras.’
- ‘They stay away from ethnic stores, forgo doctor's visits and meetings at their children's schools, and postpone girls' normally lavish quinceañeras, or 15th birthday parties.’
- ‘It was a Monday, and over the weekend Maritza had invited him to another girl's quinceañera.’
- ‘Her father had run a small jewelry store in a mall that catered mostly to young couples buying engagement rings and girls celebrating their quinceaneras.’
- ‘People commonly commissioned fotoesculturas from traveling salesmen for various reasons and occasions, such as to celebrate weddings and quinceañeras, to memorialize the dead and to honor particular individuals.’
- ‘In my head I pretended I was a real princess, dressed up in white silk like I'm at my quinceañera.’
- ‘The quinceanera had been a success, overall.’
Spanish, feminine of quinceañero fifteen-year-old.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.