One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for quintuplet
- ‘Bring your own picnic to a celebration for families of twins, triplets, quads and quins.’
- ‘And few could have failed to be moved by the five pitiful bodies of quins, lined up stiffly in a row.’
- ‘It has been an eventful lambing season at Brynonen, where another ewe gave birth to quins.’
- ‘The quins were prematurely born on February 26, 1966, and are regarded as the fifth set in the world to survive birth and the 48th set born.’
- ‘Yesterday, the Rotunda Hospital in Dublin reported that the two-week old quins were continuing to make progress.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.