One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tortilla filled with cheese and heated.
- ‘Other options include quesadillas, fajitas, wraps and several meal-size salads with a refreshing and slightly citric cumin dressing served on fresh nacho chips.’
- ‘Chicken quesadilla, chicken tacos, chicken satay, chicken in lettuce leaves - they've all become essentials on the American appetizer menu.’
- ‘The menu is slightly longer, offering quesadillas along with steak, chicken and bean and cheese burritos.’
- ‘The menu is creative and eclectic - Swedish pancakes with lingonberries, Greek salad, quesadillas, cinnamon rolls, Native American fry bread, herring, cheeses, and much, much more.’
- ‘We chose the fried calamari and an order of cabo, an eggplant dish, from an interesting list that included bruschetta, quesadillas, ceviche and steamed mussels.’
- ‘Other menu items include stuffed sandwiches, subs, quesadillas, wings, tacos and salads.’
- ‘Chef Michael Cortez, stepping in like an iron chef, whipped up a major dinner of beef fajitas with guacamole, chicken and cheese quesadillas, Spanish rice and charbroiled shrimp.’
- ‘Once we got to the beach, the rain tapered to a slight drizzle and we had our lunch of fajitas and quesadillas topped with fresh guacamole and a choice of mild or hot salsa.’
- ‘Throw one on a salad or make quesadillas with tuna, fat-free cheese, salsa and a low-fat tortilla.’
- ‘A quesadilla is essentially a grilled cheese sandwich on a tortilla instead of bread, embellished with guacamole, sour cream, salsa, and (if you wish) chicken, steak, of grilled vegetables.’
- ‘From salads and casseroles to pasta, pizza, tacos and quesadillas, many favorite dishes rely on cheese for their unique taste, texture and appearance.’
- ‘An elongated, hardshell taco filled with beans and cheese, the quesadilla is a work of unbridled genius.’
- ‘It can also be used in various recipes like nachos, fajitas, quesadillas and fondues.’
- ‘The menu has around 30 items, beginning with appetizers with quesadillas, taquitos, nachos and tequila wings, or you can order a sampler with all of them.’
- ‘The main room offers gourmet appetizers like caviar potato skins, Brie and mango quesadillas, goat cheese pizza, tuna steak tournedos, and fresh sushi rolls.’
- ‘With them, I can make sandwiches, quesadillas, pizzas and burritos.’
- ‘Soft wheat tortillas are more often used in quesadillas and fajitas, while soft corn tortillas make wonderful enchiladas.’
- ‘There are plenty of tacos, quesadillas and enchiladas in various combos featuring either chicken, beef or shrimp to be had - some served with rice and/or beans.’
- ‘With the leftover meat, make quesadillas by filling one half of some flour tortillas with grated cheese, spring onions, strips of turkey and a dollop of cranberry sauce.’
- ‘As for more mainstream Mexican fare, the buffet has it all: tostadas, tacos, quesadillas, fajitas and a make-your-own burrito bar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.