One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A language for the specification of procedures for the retrieval (and sometimes also modification) of information from a database.
- ‘One type of solution is to use musical notation or a musical transcription-based query language that permits a user to specify a tune by keying in alphanumeric characters to represent musical notes.’
- ‘The SQL query language and the programming language Perl were used for sequence alignment and subsequence extraction.’
- ‘However JOLAP's data and metadata management capabilities are not found in the XML API and, unlike XML for Analysis, JOLAP will provide a single data-manipulation and query language.’
- ‘Structured query language is a common language for database applications like Microsoft Access, SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle and many others.’
- ‘XQuery is the official World Wide Web Consortium specification for an XML query language.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.