One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An obligation of one party to another imposed by law independently of an agreement between the parties.
- ‘The claim is pleaded in contract alternatively in quasi-contract.’
- ‘Universities could foster a work culture for university students by making student obligations clear to students before they start their university education and continuously thereafter, preferably in the form of quasi-contracts.’
- ‘Most legal systems recognize some species of liability in restitution or quasi-contract, in addition to that based on contract or tort.’
- ‘It is unclear whether there would be any obligation in quasi-contract to make restitution.’
- ‘If the collecting bank has not paid out the proceeds to the customer, it can, further, be sued in an action in quasi-contract based on the true owner's waiver of the tort.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.