One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The head of the army department in charge of the quartering and equipment of troops.
- ‘The post of Quartermaster General, a position that combined military skill and business acumen, was inherited directly from the British Army.’
- ‘The highlight of Groves's tenure in the Office of the Quartermaster General was clearly his supervision of the construction of the Pentagon, which began on 11 September 1941.’
- ‘The Quartermaster General may approve, disapprove, or downgrade the nomination to the Honorable Order as he or she deems appropriate.’
- ‘In mid-July 1941 Brigadier General Brehon B. Sommervell, the chief of the construction division of the Office of the Quartermaster General, ordered that the Pentagon be constructed.’
- ‘The Quartermaster General, Edward Wagner, stated: ‘we are at the end of our personnel and matériel strength.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.