One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The head of the army department in charge of the quartering and equipment of troops.
- ‘The post of Quartermaster General, a position that combined military skill and business acumen, was inherited directly from the British Army.’
- ‘The Quartermaster General may approve, disapprove, or downgrade the nomination to the Honorable Order as he or she deems appropriate.’
- ‘The Quartermaster General, Edward Wagner, stated: ‘we are at the end of our personnel and matériel strength.’’
- ‘The highlight of Groves's tenure in the Office of the Quartermaster General was clearly his supervision of the construction of the Pentagon, which began on 11 September 1941.’
- ‘In mid-July 1941 Brigadier General Brehon B. Sommervell, the chief of the construction division of the Office of the Quartermaster General, ordered that the Pentagon be constructed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.