One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See quarter binding
- ‘He checked the binding; the book was quarter bound in yellow and green.’
- ‘It was quarter-bound in a traditional style: a cream canvas spine with a leather spine-label and grey paper-covered sides.’
- ‘These copies are quarter bound in leather with a gilt spine and housed in a slip-case.’
- ‘The book is quarter-bound in red with grey board that has stamped into it in red and gold foil Tolkien's Ring and Eye of Sauron symbol.’
- ‘A quarter bound book is a more economical way of finely binding a book as it uses a conservative amount of leather, yet still looks good on the shelf.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.