One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See quarter binding
- ‘These copies are quarter bound in leather with a gilt spine and housed in a slip-case.’
- ‘A quarter bound book is a more economical way of finely binding a book as it uses a conservative amount of leather, yet still looks good on the shelf.’
- ‘It was quarter-bound in a traditional style: a cream canvas spine with a leather spine-label and grey paper-covered sides.’
- ‘He checked the binding; the book was quarter bound in yellow and green.’
- ‘The book is quarter-bound in red with grey board that has stamped into it in red and gold foil Tolkien's Ring and Eye of Sauron symbol.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.