One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See quarry tile
- ‘Customers sit on hard wooden benches in her unadorned quarry-tiled front room.’
- ‘In the quarry-tiled kitchen, maple wall and floor units with granite-effect worktops provide plenty of storage.’
- ‘A quarry-tiled rear hall leads through to a small breakfast room with cast iron fireplace.’
- ‘The entrance porch has recessed lighting and an original quarry tiled floor.’
- ‘The stained glass front door, opens to a quarry-tiled hallway with cream walls, a dado rail and ceiling coving.’
- ‘There is an Aga in the kitchen, and homespun pine kitchen units, comfortably in keeping with the quarry-tiled floor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.