One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A state of a quantized system which is described by a set of quantum numbers.
- ‘This property of making a group of bosons into the same quantum state so they act like a single entity was done in 1995 by physicists at the Joint Institute of Laboratory Astrophysics, in Boulder, Colorado.’
- ‘However, each angular momentum quantum state has a magnetic dipole moment associated with it, so the effect of a magnetic field is to separate the three states into three different energy levels.’
- ‘A Bose-Einstein condensate is a peculiar phase of matter in which all the particles in a system occupy the same quantum state.’
- ‘All of these quantum numbers define the quantum state of the electron.’
- ‘Researchers have previously demonstrated that single atoms can be used to temporarily store photons in a quantum state.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.