One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A state of a quantized system which is described by a set of quantum numbers.
- ‘A Bose-Einstein condensate is a peculiar phase of matter in which all the particles in a system occupy the same quantum state.’
- ‘Researchers have previously demonstrated that single atoms can be used to temporarily store photons in a quantum state.’
- ‘However, each angular momentum quantum state has a magnetic dipole moment associated with it, so the effect of a magnetic field is to separate the three states into three different energy levels.’
- ‘All of these quantum numbers define the quantum state of the electron.’
- ‘This property of making a group of bosons into the same quantum state so they act like a single entity was done in 1995 by physicists at the Joint Institute of Laboratory Astrophysics, in Boulder, Colorado.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.