One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The branch of physics concerned with quantum theory.‘quantum physics allows for particles to be in two states at the same time’
- ‘The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a solid background and interest in quantum physics and condensed matter theory.’
- ‘One aspect of quantum physics is that the act of observing can change the thing being observed.’
- ‘He offers an eminently readable account of parallel worlds and their various levels, and also runs through the history of quantum physics.’
- ‘Success in this area of research requires a deeper understanding of quantum physics.’
- ‘"Certainly since Einstein, there have been many theories of quantum physics, and Stephen Hawking came along during a period of its greatest change."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.