One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The branch of mechanics that deals with the mathematical description of the motion and interaction of subatomic particles, incorporating the concepts of quantization of energy, wave-particle duality, the uncertainty principle, and the correspondence principle.
- ‘So with growing trepidation, I searched through my past writings on quantum mechanics.’
- ‘We know from quantum mechanics that nothing is real, except for the observations themselves.’
- ‘The entire field of quantum mechanics owes much of its existence to the study of angular momentum.’
- ‘Firstly, it consistently embodies both special relativity and quantum mechanics.’
- ‘One of the bizarre paradoxes of quantum mechanics is that elementary particles can exist in two or more states at the same time.’
- ‘His interests range from astrophysics and quantum mechanics to mathematical puzzles and games.’
- ‘Even a biologist must trust what a physicist says about quantum mechanics.’
- ‘String theory's claim thus allows quantum mechanics to incorporate gravity and do so successfully.’
- ‘According to the laws of quantum mechanics, these electrons may exist only in certain states.’
- ‘The theory that describes atoms and their constituents is quantum mechanics.’
- ‘In fact, it is arguably the most important fundamental concept behind all of quantum mechanics.’
- ‘What happens when we add quantum mechanics to the analysis of classical black holes?’
- ‘This implies that we will always have uncertainty in any system, not just in quantum mechanics or in mathematics.’
- ‘On the other hand, in quantum mechanics you will deal more with algebraic techniques.’
- ‘In 1976 I began investigating what quantum mechanics might have to say.’
- ‘His official courses were on quantum mechanics, classical mechanics, and complex function theory.’
- ‘In the answer to this question lies the whole key to quantum mechanics.’
- ‘It can be said that Heisenberg's quantum mechanics has made possible a systemization of spectra of atoms.’
- ‘The second question, of course, was rendered questionable by quantum mechanics.’
- ‘For Doppler cooling, we need another detail from quantum mechanics, and a bit of relativity.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.