One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The hypothesis that changes in prices correspond to changes in the monetary supply.
- ‘These essays show, however, that he clearly subscribes to the quantity theory of monetary history, although he does not address any of the criticisms which have been levelled against it.’
- ‘Even among those who had previously espoused the quantity theory, almost no economist linked the economic recovery to growth of the money stock.’
- ‘Traditionally, classical economists supported the quantity theory of money as explaining price levels.’
- ‘If these two variables were assumed to remain constant, then the simple quantity theory would predict the price level to change in proportion to a change in the money supply.’
- ‘The correlation between price level and money supply is determined by the quantity theory of money.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.