One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The introduction of new money into the money supply by a central bank.
- ‘The Fed is also planning quantitative easing, basically increasing the money supply.’
- ‘All four of those countries, unlike other major economies are expected to avoid debasing their currencies by moving towards quantitative easing.’
- ‘Talk to any thoughtful economist and they will tell you that they have no idea how to assess the likely impact of quantitative easing.’
- ‘It ended both quantitative easing and its zero interest rate policy only in 2006.’
- ‘The other big fear among investors is that the deficits could be made worse by the policy of quantitative easing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.