One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who analyzes a situation or event, especially a financial market, by means of complex mathematical and statistical modeling.‘Wall Street firms are hiring large numbers of quantitative analysts’
- ‘He began his career in 1998 and has held positions as a performance and risk analyst and worked as a quantitative analyst at Capital International.’
- ‘In a past job, I was a quantitative analyst for an asset manager that had a life insurance company as a client.’
- ‘This is an ideal opportunity for a relatively experienced quantitative analyst to move into a front office position with a major global investment bank.’
- ‘Your role as a quantitative analyst will involve developing and managing the firm's complex high frequency trading system.’
- ‘I'm currently working with a prestigious tier 1 investment bank that is looking for an exceptional quantitative analyst to cover their derivative models across the entire investment bank’
- ‘Some quantitative analysts reject the idea markets are either driven purely by mood or purely by traditional factors, seeing the two in a symbiotic relationship.’
- ‘Most recently his commercial experience includes working as a Quantitative Analyst for Credit Suisse and Standard Bank of South Africa.’
- ‘The report includes emails from a quantitative analyst for the bank in which he explained how he could rearrange its modeling procedures to mask the ballooning risk inside the chief investment office.’
- ‘Statistical modeling techniques that businesses use to find customers helped quantitative analysts predict the results of this month's U.S. elections with stunning accuracy.’
- ‘Those 10 stocks are part of a list prepared by a quantitative analyst with CIBC World Markets, determined on the basis of currency sensitivity and stock returns.’
- ‘He began his career in the '80s as a trader and a quantitative analyst for firms like UBS and Credit Suisse.’
- ‘My client has assembled a world-class team of quantitative analysts and infrastructure developers from the world's top educational and research institutions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.