One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Time spent in giving another person one's undivided attention in order to strengthen a relationship, especially with reference to working parents and their child or children.
- ‘I knew that she was probably anxious to leave to spend some quality time with her new boyfriend.’
- ‘If you don't spend regular quality time together, chances are you'll drift apart.’
- ‘Those memories make him want to spend more quality time with his wife and sons, to live life to the fullest.’
- ‘So, dear readers, this is it for several days as Jo and I head off to spend quality time with my family.’
- ‘Teaching a child about flowers and nature is a wonderful way to spend some quality time with them.’
- ‘I would like to have quality time with my children, especially during the school holidays.’
- ‘I will also be spending some quality time with my brother whom I haven't seen in over a year.’
- ‘Andrew and I spent some much needed quality time by ourselves over dinner.’
- ‘When I am not travelling, the Sabbath is a good day to spend quality time with my family.’
- ‘Hopefully you were able to spend some quality time with those close to you during the holidays.’
- ‘Learn to relax and enjoy quality time out of life's normal rat race.’
- ‘Take time to relax, to be alone, to spend quality time with yourself doing nothing in particular.’
- ‘There's no magic answer to bridge the distance but spending quality time together seems to help.’
- ‘While spending some final quality time together, the kids come across an old map in an attic.’
- ‘A plus for me is that I get to spend quality time with my parents without actually being trapped in their space all the time.’
- ‘Diane should have been spending quality time with her family instead of fighting the laws of this country in her last few months.’
- ‘You are generous and loving in personal and family relationships and spend quality time with loved ones.’
- ‘Parents should get their children to teach them; it would help with quality time and relationship building.’
- ‘With all these options and distractions it can be hard to spend quality time with the people you love.’
- ‘The trick is to spend quality time in each place by not rushing around and trying to see everything.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.