Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The maintenance of a desired level of quality in a service or product, especially by means of attention to every stage of the process of delivery or production.
- ‘The multinational companies tend to have superior risk management systems and better formal quality assurance programmes however.’
- ‘She created a quality assurance program and hired a trainer for new transcriptionists.’
- ‘The company submitted a dossier of evidence to the court as well as a witness statement from its regional director of quality assurance.’
- ‘There was excellent management of the curriculum combined with an excellent programme of quality assurance and self-assessment.’
- ‘I'm a computer programmer and quality assurance tester for a software company in Cleveland, so I know a thing or two about computer glitches.’
- ‘But now we want to go slower on expansion and shift to quality assurance.’
- ‘Standards must be set to ensure that targets for mortality reduction are achieved and that there is quality assurance at each stage of the screening process.’
- ‘Her home-based businesses cover fashion design, catering and quality assurance.’
- ‘One of the hottest topics in higher education is quality assurance - and closely allied to this is the question of mobility.’
- ‘It was intended to perform the specific function of quality control and quality assurance with emphasis on monitoring and policing.’
- ‘One area he identifies which requires more focus is quality assurance in offshore programs.’
- ‘The device is suited for a variety of material testing tasks in R & D and quality assurance.’
- ‘The team of four executive chefs also assists with cross training, consistency and quality assurance.’
- ‘Processes are also a means of control and quality assurance as the process assists and monitors the way a transaction is carried out.’
- ‘This model retains the expertise and quality assurance of the laboratory process while decentralising at minimal cost to primary care.’
- ‘He is currently responsible for quality assurance, and also heads one of the five teams of officers who provide round-the-clock cover.’
- ‘As for quality control versus quality assurance, most people believe them to be one and the same.’
- ‘It will also work on product certification and quality assurance.’
- ‘Quality control and quality assurance appear to be two areas where many laboratories are being cited.’
- ‘All of the contractors have their own quality assurance plan, said the statement.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.