One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His quaky, affected voice is so overbearing it strangles otherwise mostly harmless songs and inflates them to the extent of self-parody.’
- ‘‘Hun,’ Cheryl said, her voice a tad quaky, but she toughened it up, ‘I would have been worried if he had come home an hour after he left.’’
- ‘This invention relates to an apparatus for suppressing vibrations and quaky movements in the travel of mobile or automotive type cranes such as rough terrain cranes.’
- ‘The best parts of Brian's talent are still here, as if this was the long-delayed sequel to Smile or something, as the close-cropped vocal harmonies, the thick arrangements, and his affecting, if quaky lead vocals are all here in force.’
- ‘As a result, the quaky Mr Jelly many anticipated failed to emerge from the Hampden tunnel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.