One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This invention relates to an apparatus for suppressing vibrations and quaky movements in the travel of mobile or automotive type cranes such as rough terrain cranes.’
- ‘As a result, the quaky Mr Jelly many anticipated failed to emerge from the Hampden tunnel.’
- ‘His quaky, affected voice is so overbearing it strangles otherwise mostly harmless songs and inflates them to the extent of self-parody.’
- ‘The best parts of Brian's talent are still here, as if this was the long-delayed sequel to Smile or something, as the close-cropped vocal harmonies, the thick arrangements, and his affecting, if quaky lead vocals are all here in force.’
- ‘‘Hun,’ Cheryl said, her voice a tad quaky, but she toughened it up, ‘I would have been worried if he had come home an hour after he left.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.