1Each of four children born at one birth.
- ‘Having given birth to quadruplets in August, the 26-year-old Queensland mother is now pregnant with another four, due in December.’
- ‘Commotion over multiple births - quadruplets, quintuplets, sextuplets - isn't new.’
- ‘The birth of both boy and girl quadruplets has been an extremely rare occurrence in Shanghai in the past 30 years.’
- ‘Indeed, if these early cells separate, they can each continue to develop, making identical twins, triplets, quadruplets, etc.’
- ‘The quadruplets, three girls and one boy, were born on July 25 in Shanghai No.1 Maternity and Child Care Hospital by caesarean section.’
- ‘But doctors yesterday warned they face a high risk of seeing the new quadruplets born prematurely or with abnormalities.’
- ‘A Yorkshire woman has given birth to quadruplets, after getting pregnant while taking contraceptive pills.’
- ‘All seven sets of quadruplets were born before 1994.’
- ‘Fyodor Vassilyev of Shuya, Russia gave birth to 16 sets of twins, seven sets of triplets and four sets of quadruplets - a world record.’
- ‘But just logistically, I don't know how people do triplets or quadruplets or quintuplets, because I can't carry two babies at the same time.’
- ‘Since in vitro fertilization started, two decades ago, there has been an explosion of twins, triplets, quadruplets, even quintuplets.’
- ‘The quadruplets, two boys and two girl babies, are also Niloufer Hospital's first.’
- ‘You four were the first lot of quadruplets born in the Teger.’
- ‘About 500 sets of quadruplets are born each year in the US, according to the National Centre for Health Statistics.’
- ‘Close to 60 percent of twins, over 90 percent of triplets and virtually all quadruplets and higher multiples are born preterm.’
- ‘The parents of girl quadruplets in Nanjing signed a contract with a Beijing-based advertising company that entrusted it with the girls' growth and education.’
- ‘While it is possible to look at all possible pairs of markers, examining all possible triplets and quadruplets quickly becomes impractical.’
- ‘If I give you a two-hour lunch break today, every worker whose wife gives birth to quadruplets will want one too.’
- ‘I never expected them to be twins, let alone triplets or quadruplets.’
- ‘Useful documents include notice of a job transfer, a letter from your doctor or birth certificates for the quadruplets.’
A group of four notes to be performed in the time of three.
- ‘Piano I intensifies the accompaniment of the bell effects by passing from quadruplet sixteenth to triplet sixteenth.’
Late 18th century: from quadruple, on the pattern of triplet.