Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for tetravalent
- ‘The six spreads with the most well-separated chromosomes were evaluated and showed the same characteristic quadrivalent structure during meiosis.’
- ‘The government of Saudi Arabia has now made quadrivalent meningococcal vaccination (ACWY Vac) a visa requirement for pilgrims.’
- ‘Advice from the Department of Health is for all pilgrims to obtain the quadrivalent meningococcal vaccine (ACWY Vac).’
- ‘The complications arising from quadrivalent or trivalent plus univalent formation are not considered in this article.’
- ‘As presently licensed, quadrivalent meningococcal polysaccharide vaccine is to be given by subcutaneous injection.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.