One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for methaqualone
- ‘But for a really sexy tranquilizer you got to try Quaaludes.’
- ‘Flipper had a Vietnam veteran guitarist and played tragically funny dirge music, hardcore punk on Quaaludes.’
- ‘It makes Quaaludes look like Flintstones chewable vitamins.’
- ‘People were doing these death drugs from harmless marijuana and LSD to heroin and PCP and Quaaludes.’
- ‘In college, pursuing the zombie lifestyle, he washes down a dozen Quaaludes with Jack Daniels.’
1960s: an invented name.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.