One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Chinese system of physical exercises and breathing control related to tai chi.
- ‘For examples, see Ayurvedic medicine, therapeutic touch, reiki, and qigong.’
- ‘It is actually a form of qigong, a traditional Chinese practice of exercise and meditation for the cultivation of mind, body and spirit.’
- ‘He returned to Indonesia with books and tapes on Falungong but told no one in his qigong exercise group.’
- ‘Discover tai chi, qigong and meditation for health.’
- ‘The neijia schools give priority to psycho-physical training and qigong (mastering of qi).’
- ‘Internal Qi is developed by individual practice of qigong and it is more beneficial for self-help health promotion.’
- ‘Tiger Woods reportedly practiced qigong - the foundation of tai chi - as a young golfer growing up in Los Angeles.’
- ‘Doing qigong exercises, prana, or Taoist alchemy will cause your hands or other parts to grow hot.’
- ‘The goal of qigong is to bring the qi energy of traditional Asian medicine under the control of the mind.’
- ‘I no longer practice kung fu but practice qigong on a daily basis and also the 3 main internal arts.’
- ‘He's been trying qigong, which uses visualization to try to improve health.’
- ‘To real Buddhists or Taoists or exponents of qigong, the Falungong is a joke, if not an insult.’
- ‘If you are interested, the YMAA has some truly excellent publications on qigong.’
- ‘The book starts with a basic overview of the Chinese philosophy and history behind tai chi and qigong.’
- ‘Thousands of Tai Ji Men practitioners demonstrated qigong and performed dance and choral pieces.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.