A style of Muslim devotional music now associated particularly with Sufis in Pakistan.
- ‘More formal Muslim music forms, such as the qawwali and ghazal, continue to be popular in the region today.’
- ‘Here's a page on Sufi music, including qawwali and the Sabri Brothers.’
- ‘Also, I am reading Farsi qawwali a lot these days - Sabri and Zia Alay Miskeen, to be precise.’
- ‘He is a veteran of over 1,500 qawwali and ghazal programmes.’
- ‘The qawwali form of music was devoted to singing in the ‘love’ of God by the Sufis.’
From Arabic qawwāli, from qawwāl loquacious also singer.