A performer of qawwali.
- ‘Initially the qawwalis will be sung by 10 groups of professional qawwals, all during peak morning and evening hours, said Sahil.’
- ‘Capable but hardly outstanding qawwals, these two, and Sparkes ain't at his best either, amounting to a less than inspired album.’
- ‘It has encouraged other traditional arts, too, like mirasis, bhands, qawwals and nakals.’
- ‘He mastered the art of classical music and gave his maiden stage performance along with another noted qawwal when he was hardly 14.’
- ‘This was in evidence on December 6 when hundreds braved the biting cold to enjoy the rendition of two qawwals.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.