One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person suffering from pyromania.‘a ten-year-old pyromaniac’
arsonist, incendiary, firebomberView synonyms
- ‘The national press has been pushing stories about arsonist and pyromaniacs and the need to instil harsher penalties.’
- ‘Long into the night this chicken burned, spitting sparks and smoke, a beacon for pyromaniacs and madmen everywhere.’
- ‘Following this, pyromaniacs and criminals in Detroit saw it fit to start multiple fires yearly on October 30.’
- ‘The pyromaniacs were at play, led by the Stratton brothers, stoking the fire with gasoline and kindling.’
- ‘But he never took the blame, fingering those fictitious pyromaniacs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.