Make or become decomposed through heating to a high temperature.
- ‘Both oil yield and styrene production decreased when pyrolyzed WEPS was repyrolyzed.’
- ‘Coke, which is pyrolyzed from coal in the coke oven, is a reductive reactant used in steel plants.’
- ‘Hydrocarbons within the formation may be pyrolyzed.’
- ‘Gul (a pyrolysed tobacco product) was used in eight states.’
- ‘It was found that the resorcinol-formaldehyde gels could be pyrolyzed to give aerogels of pure carbon.’
1920s: from pyrolysis, on the pattern of analyze.