The art or technique of decorating wood or leather by burning a design on the surface with a heated metallic point.
- ‘Soderberg remarks that there is a close link between musical instruments and art, including painting, sculpture, and pyrography.’
- ‘An enthusiast, she has also developed a specialty in that she uses pyrography as part of the finished woodwork they offer.’
- ‘Anyway, pyrography is really only ‘poker work.'’
- ‘We also have a chest of tools and do some pyrography, burning images into wood, and we also do woodturning.’
- ‘Arnold, formerly a designer in the textile industry, now employs his artistic skills in pyrography.’
- ‘Pictured is Beryl displaying two items of pyrography.’