One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The art or technique of decorating wood or leather by burning a design on the surface with a heated metallic point.
- ‘Soderberg remarks that there is a close link between musical instruments and art, including painting, sculpture, and pyrography.’
- ‘Arnold, formerly a designer in the textile industry, now employs his artistic skills in pyrography.’
- ‘An enthusiast, she has also developed a specialty in that she uses pyrography as part of the finished woodwork they offer.’
- ‘Pictured is Beryl displaying two items of pyrography.’
- ‘Anyway, pyrography is really only ‘poker work.'’
- ‘We also have a chest of tools and do some pyrography, burning images into wood, and we also do woodturning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.