One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Endotoxin bacteria also are called pyrogenic bacteria because they activate the inflammatory process and produce fever.’
- ‘It is possible that when BAL is performed in an infected or inflamed area in infants, more pyrogenic cytokines are released.’
- ‘The pyrogenic exotoxins, also known as erythrogenic toxins, are responsible for the rash of scarlet fever.’
- ‘They can cause pyrogenic reaction symptoms, including fever, chills, and hypotension.’
- ‘Chemical mediators are released that secrete pyrogenic endotoxins and exotoxins.’
- 1.1 Caused or produced by combustion or the application of heat.‘pyrogenic factors affecting the fluctuation of the forest–savanna boundary’
- ‘Our results confirm the nature of Florida scrub as an ‘autosuccessional’ ecosystem, typical of most pyrogenic shrublands.’
- ‘Xeric oak scrub communities are pyrogenic, so their flora and fauna have developed adaptations to fire.’
- ‘Fever is the body's response to an infection or inflammation, and is triggered by special pyrogenic hormones from the hypothalamus.’
- ‘Fire-suppression efforts soon followed, largely eliminating fire from these pyrogenic forests.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.