One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Endotoxin bacteria also are called pyrogenic bacteria because they activate the inflammatory process and produce fever.’
- ‘The pyrogenic exotoxins, also known as erythrogenic toxins, are responsible for the rash of scarlet fever.’
- ‘They can cause pyrogenic reaction symptoms, including fever, chills, and hypotension.’
- ‘Chemical mediators are released that secrete pyrogenic endotoxins and exotoxins.’
- ‘It is possible that when BAL is performed in an infected or inflamed area in infants, more pyrogenic cytokines are released.’
- 1.1 Caused or produced by combustion or the application of heat.‘pyrogenic factors affecting the fluctuation of the forest–savanna boundary’
- ‘Our results confirm the nature of Florida scrub as an ‘autosuccessional’ ecosystem, typical of most pyrogenic shrublands.’
- ‘Fever is the body's response to an infection or inflammation, and is triggered by special pyrogenic hormones from the hypothalamus.’
- ‘Fire-suppression efforts soon followed, largely eliminating fire from these pyrogenic forests.’
- ‘Xeric oak scrub communities are pyrogenic, so their flora and fauna have developed adaptations to fire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.