Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to, consisting of, or denoting fragments of rock erupted by a volcano.
- ‘Erosion of old lava dome complexes has resulted in deep valleys that dissect pyroclastic and volcanoclastic fans.’
- ‘Samples of pyroclastic rocks were examined in thin section.’
- ‘Stratovolcanoes are formed of alternating layers of pyroclastic materials and subordinate lavas.’
- ‘Two main types of pyroclastic surges occurred at Taapaca Volcanic Complex.’
- ‘In practice pyroclastic and volcaniclastic rocks include all the products of extrusive volcanic activity except lava flows.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.