One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to, consisting of, or denoting fragments of rock erupted by a volcano.
- ‘In practice pyroclastic and volcaniclastic rocks include all the products of extrusive volcanic activity except lava flows.’
- ‘Samples of pyroclastic rocks were examined in thin section.’
- ‘Stratovolcanoes are formed of alternating layers of pyroclastic materials and subordinate lavas.’
- ‘Two main types of pyroclastic surges occurred at Taapaca Volcanic Complex.’
- ‘Erosion of old lava dome complexes has resulted in deep valleys that dissect pyroclastic and volcanoclastic fans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.