One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic compound related to neostigmine, with similar but weaker and longer-acting effects.
- ‘It has been suggested that the combination of pyridostigmine bromide, DEET, and permethrin contributed to Gulf War-related illnesses.’
- ‘FDA approves pyridostigmine bromide as a pretreatment against nerve gas.’
- ‘The adverse effects of pyridostigmine are similar to those of IMPF.’
- ‘Acetylcholine esterase inhibitors such as pyridostigmine offer symptom relief in myasthenia gravis.’
- ‘During employment, both patients received 30 + mg/day pyridostigmine as prophylactic treatment.’
1950s: blend of pyridine and neostigmine.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.