A pyrethrin or related insecticidal compound.
- ‘The three types of pesticide used in preparations are organophosphates, carbamate and pyrethroids.’
- ‘We subjected these vectors to larval bioassay using two popular pyrethroids viz deltamethrin and permethrin.’
- ‘The other insecticides are pyrethroids and should not be incorporated.’
- ‘Many of these are again pesticides such as compounds of organophosphorous, pyrethroids or carbamate.’
- ‘In general, compounds known as pyrethroids and neonicotinoids were the best performers, according to the researchers.’