One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Pyrenees mountain range, which extends along the border between France and Spain.‘a small, remote Pyrenean village’
- ‘Baqueira is an upmarket Pyrenean ski resort frequented by the Spanish royal family.’
- ‘Racing at the Tour, meanwhile, resumes today with the first of three Pyrenean stages.’
- ‘For centuries, the Pyrenean farmers lived in symbiotic harmony with the griffon vulture.’
- ‘The Pyrenean ibex, an impressive mountain goat that lived in the central Pyrenees in Spain, became extinct in 2000.’
- ‘John is cycling up a Pyrenean peak when he observes: "My heart rate is 180, that's dangerous."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.