Involving or relating to the production of pus.
- ‘Clinically these diseases mimic pyogenic bacterial infections, Gram negative septicaemia or cryptic tuberculosis.’
- ‘Therefore, nodular amelanotic melanoma is the most important tumor to differentiate from pyogenic granuloma.’
- ‘Electrosurgical treatment is ideal for pyogenic granulomas, which are very vascular, benign tumors.’
- ‘But the disease is often overlooked and misdiagnosed as carcinoma or pyogenic abscess 12.’
- ‘As the lesions enlarge, they may resemble a cellulitis, pyogenic furuncle, or an infected sebaceous cyst.’
Mid 19th century: from Greek puo- (from puon pus) + -genic.