One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very small owl found in America and northern Eurasia.
- ‘From the forest's edge a warm wind carried the scent of wild spices and the sweet call of a pygmy owl.’
- ‘The pygmy owl, with a reddish tail and a grey-brown body, has been listed as endangered since 1997.’
- ‘To someone who cares about Ironwood's petroglyphs, pygmy owls, and bighorn sheep, these requests might seem absurd.’
- ‘Small raptors such as pygmy owls, for example, elicited the most frenzied chickadee danger calls.’
- ‘Looking for the tiny pygmy owl in the dark was a surreal experience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.