Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An X-ray technique for producing an image of the renal pelvis and urinary tract by the introduction of a radiopaque fluid.Also called urography
- ‘If necessary, intravenous pyelography, computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging can add more information.’
- ‘What are the possible common complications of intravenous pyelography?’
- ‘Intravenous pyelography and percutaneous nephrogram are useful in imaging GUTB.’
- ‘Intravenous pyelography has greater sensitivity and specificity for the detection of renal calculi.’
- ‘Intravenous pyelography has been the classic diagnostic test of choice.’
Early 20th century: from Greek puelos trough, basin + -graphy.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.