One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Unable to understand; perplexed.‘the questioners were met with puzzled looks’‘she looked puzzled and angry with him’
- ‘Well, it doesn't end with a rooftop concert played for a puzzled and scant audience of bystanders.’
- ‘The puzzled Marine tried to explain he had only X-funds allocated for silencers.’
- ‘Stockdale's question was mistaken as the puzzled musings of a lost and confused man.’
- ‘Looking surprised, a little boy peers at the elderly woman, who takes the puzzled gaze as a question.’
- ‘The question parallels the large question ringing in the ears of millions of puzzled Americans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.