One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A smooth area of short grass surrounding a hole, either as part of a golf course or as a separate area for putting.
- ‘At a PGA Tour event this past spring, the physiotherapy trailer practically abutted the practice putting green.’
- ‘And all he does is try to ‘draw’ a straight line on the putting green on the back and forward strokes.’
- ‘Invitees will be able to try the gamut of wares at hitting bays, a short game area as well as a putting green.’
- ‘One by one, they retreated to the edge of the putting green, sat on the grass and watched the master at work.’
- ‘They were in place of long evenings, the light fading as I putt on the worn barely live grass of the putting green.’
- ‘There are 27 holes of golf, a driving range, a putting green, and other golf facilities.’
- ‘I heeled the shot and hit a line drive through the fence and into the putting green area.’
- ‘I got more out of those nights on the putting green than I ever did on the practice tee in broad daylight.’
- ‘A 16-by 48-inch grid has proven its effectiveness on heavily trafficked turf areas such as putting greens and sports fields.’
- ‘The putting greens also had a feature I had never encountered in golf on five continents: anthills.’
- ‘Neighborhood kids use the range, putting green, short-game area and clubhouse for $2 a visit.’
- ‘The golf range also boasts a 600-square-metre putting green and separate chipping area, with a practice bunker.’
- ‘We started on the practice putting green, first showing this new golfer how to grip the putter and align herself to the target.’
- ‘A ball is on the putting green when any part of it touches the green itself.’
- ‘The facilities encompass a putting green, a driving range, and a 2,900-square-foot clubhouse with a snack bar.’
- ‘Haines has also applied porous ceramic technology to putting greens.’
- ‘The practice fairway, as groomed as a putting green, fans out toward a distant hummocky hill and trees far beyond.’
- ‘After that, I head back to the putting green, where I'll putt for another 10 or 15 minutes until it's time to tee off.’
- ‘Rulewich also added five new holes, a practice putting green and a short game practice area.’
- ‘I go over to the first tee, to the putting green there, and wait for him to come by.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.