One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The putschists wasted no time in sending aerial-amphibian troops to Estonia to reinforce the Soviet army forces garrisoned there.’
- ‘Sadr and his fellow putschists have been spectacularly unsuccessful in winning popular support.’
- ‘Before Owen there were millennarians and utopians, prophets and putschists.’
- ‘This deprived the putschists of a constitutional fig-leaf to cover their seizure of power.’
- ‘This emphasis runs throughout the book, from Lenin's debates with Kautsky to the appeals of the August putschists in 1991.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.